0800 479 0029
01959 575 214
For your total peace of mind, We cover all our work with a 3 year Guarantee.
And as Volkswagen Group specialists, any Genuine Volkswagen Group part that we fit will come with a 2 year manufacturers warranty and we give a further 1 year VGS warranty.
Another reason to use us!
Parts that are not supplied by VGS are not covered by the VGS 3 year guarantee.
Terms and conditions
1. The completion of a booking, and the subsequent receipt of a confirmation email for a car service, MOT, repairs or any future offering by VGSUK constitutes a binding contract between the Customer and VGSUK.
2. All person(s) using either the VGSUK website or calling VGSUK by phone to make a booking should be at least 18 years of age and reside in the UK.
3. VGSUK shall provide the customer with detailed costing information of their car servicing before any work is started. All work and costs, including additional work following a garage survey, must be approved by the customer before said work is carried out.
4. It is always the intention of VGSUK to complete the Customer's car service, MOT or repairs within 1 day. Sometimes - due to reasons beyond the control of VGSUK - late delivery may be necessary. Should this be the case, the customer will be advised accordingly by a service advisor.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by UK law.
6. Depending on your vehicle's make and model, specialist oils (longlife oil or low ash/saps oil) may be required for your service. All specialist oils have a set price of £24 + VAT. Should your vehicle require replacement spark plugs or a new fuel filter, they will be quoted to you on the day of the service.
7. VGSUK are committed to reducing our own environmental footprint whilst also using resources responsibly and reducing waste, to this end we charge a minimum environmental surcharge fee of £7.99 + VAT or a 2% fee levied on the total final bill (whatever is greater) which will be itemised on your invoice.
8. Depending on the level of fluids at the point of service, a fluid top up (gear box oil, axle oil, transfer box oil (if applicable), under bonnet fluids, break fluid, antifreeze and clutch fluid) may be required. If a fluid top up should be required, you will be charged a one-off fee of £5.99 + VAT which will be added to your final bill.
9. All parts used will adhere to the vehicle manufacturers' service schedules, and will be of OE quality - thereby ensuring all manufacturers' warranties are validated.
10. VGSUK will fully support your vehicle's service history. Upon completion of the service your vehicle's service book will be stamped, a copy of the service schedule will be provided and, if relevant, digital service records will be updated.
11. All vehicle servicing performed by VGSUK carries a 12-month (or 12,000 - whichever comes first) warranty. The warranty covers replacement parts - should they be defective - or related workmanship.
12. The warranty is dependent on: VGSUK being given an opportunity to investigate and rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe; The manufacturer's vehicle operating instructions being followed; Ensuring the vehicle is serviced at a frequency recommended by the manufacturer (for the relevant time and distance); Full compliance with VGSUK advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by VGSUK; The parts or workmanship performed by VGSUK not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
13. VGSUK does not accept any liability for damage, losses or theft resulting from the storage of customer vehicles at a VGSUK garage.
14. As a customer, you are entitled to cancel a booking or request for additional work up until the day of your service. This can be done by contacting us on 01959 575 214. We will refund you the full amount - if any payment has been made - minus any deductions for any work that was completed.
15. a) VGSUK offers free vehicle collection and delivery as standard on all servicing packages. The target vehicle collection time is between 8am and 10am. The target delivery time is 4pm and 6pm. If unforeseen circumstances cause the vehicle to be collected/delivered outside these times, the customer shall be updated by a VGSUK representative. If your vehicle is undrivable then recovery will need to be arranged. If desired, VGSUK can provide quotations for the cost of vehicle recovery from the nominated collection address. Alternatively, this can be arranged independently either with your insurance provider or a vehicle recovery company of your choosing. Vehicle recovery is not included within our free collection and delivery service. b) Under new MOT test regulations - effective 20 May 2018 - a vehicle with defects classified as 'dangerous' may not be driven on public roads in England, Scotland or Wales unless corrective work is undertaken. If the defects remain unfixed, legally the vehicle may not be driven from the test centre either by VGSUK - as part of prearranged delivery, or by the customer or any third party. The vehicle may be collected via a recovery service arranged either privately or via VGSUK, at a cost to be incurred by the customer. A vehicle with defects classified as 'major' will only be delivered at the discretion of the garage; VGSUK may ask the vehicle owner to either collect or arrange for the vehicle to be recovered.
16. In the event of a courtesy or replacement vehicle being offered to the customer for the duration of the service; this will be subject to the servicing garage's insurance. If the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the excess on the claim. Before taking possession of the replacement/courtesy vehicle, the customer must agree to all terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the servicing garage. In the event of insurance not being applicable to a replacement/courtesy car, the servicing garage will inform the customer that they are responsible for providing their own insurance.
17. VGSUK shall not be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to item(s), valuables or monies contained within the vehicle for the duration of the contracted work - including vehicle collection and delivery.
18. VGSUK is not liable for any loss, damage or delay in the services it provides should such services be subject to: an act of God, industrial action such as strikes or government disputes, factors outside the control of VGSUK.
19. Where applicable - VGSUK adhere to relevant Health & Safety legislation.
20. Any customer participating in VGSUK loyalty schemes should be advised - any account remaining inactive for 90 days following the 12-month activation anniversary will cease to be valid and any funds contained therein are non-refundable.
21. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you are agreeing to the outlined service schedule for the relevant service - details of our service plans can be found here. VGSUK will refer to your vehicle's manufacturer service schedule, adding any additional item's not included on our own service schedule as advisories. Items not included on our own service schedule may be subject to extra charges - these will only be conducted following permission.
22. VGSUK endeavours to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally within a 28-day period. Should the process of resolution take longer than this, VGSUK will notify the customer accordingly. If a resolution to a dispute is not forthcoming via our internal procedure, VGSUK are licensed with the ADR Group whom are our dispute resolution provider www.adrgroup.co.uk. Alternatively, you can refer the complaint to the EU Commission's Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform at www.ec.europa.eu.
23. VGSUK guarantees to beat any 'Full Service', 'Interim Service' or 'MOT' price offered by the main dealers on a like-for-like basis. This excludes any short-term promotions, such as 'January Sale', 'Black Friday' or 'Cyber Tuesday'. A written comparable quote of the offer in question should be provided as evidence of the comparable offer. 'Full Service' and 'Interim Service' prices do not take into account potentially advised additional work.
Copyright © 2004-2012 VGS UK
VAT Number: 990 7657 68